If there’s one thing kids are really good at, it’s growing! At Springvale Garden Centre we want to foster this superpower and encourage our tamariki to get excited about growing their own food.
To help make this happen, we’ve partnered with the Whanganui Chronicle to create the Springvale Garden Centre School Vegetable Competition. Our six competing schools have until the 24th of May to get their gardens established and show Whanganui how green their thumbs are. The winners will be decided by public vote, here on our website.
We’ve got together with our suppliers and other great Whanganui companies to provide each school with a great little starter pack consisting of:
- Timber for a raised garden bed, and stakes (supplied by Eastown Timber)
- 10 Vegetable Seedling Punnets (thanks to Zealandia)
- 6 Packets of Vegetable Seeds (thanks to Yates)
- 5 bags of Vegetable Mix (thanks to Tui)
- 1 bag 15L Seed Raising Mix (thanks to Tui)
- 1 bag of Ican Vegetable Food (thanks to Ican)
- 1 pack of Yates Nature’s Way Citrus, Vegie & Ornamental Insect Spray (thanks to Yates)
In association with:
Want to be involved next year?
If your school would like to participate in next year’s School Vegetable Competition, please contact us for further information and eligibility criteria.