School Vegetable Garden Competition 2021
Announcing the winners of the 2021 School Vegetable Garden Competition!
The votes have been tallied and we’re very pleased to announce the winners of this year’s School Vegetable Competition, Mosston School!
All competing schools produced amazing gardens and we look forward to seeing what our young green-fingered friends will grow in the future.
1st Place: Mosston School
2nd Place: St Mary’s School
3rd Place: Brunswick School
Competing Schools for 2021
1st prize: $500 Springvale Garden Centre Voucher
2nd prize: $300 Springvale Garden Centre Voucher
3rd prize: $200 Springvale Garden Centre Voucher
If there’s one thing kids are really good at, it’s growing! At Springvale Garden Centre we want to foster this superpower and encourage our tamariki to get excited about growing their own food.
To help make this happen, we’ve partnered with the Whanganui Chronicle to create the Springvale Garden Centre School Vegetable Competition. For the 2021 competition our six competing schools had until the 24th of May to get their gardens established and show Whanganui how green their thumbs are. The winners are decided by public vote, here on our website.
We’ve worked with our suppliers and other great Whanganui companies to provide each school with a great little starter pack consisting of:
- Timber for a raised garden bed, and stakes (supplied by Eastown Timber)
- 10 Vegetable Seedling Punnets (thanks to Zealandia)
- 6 Packets of Vegetable Seeds (thanks to Yates)
- 5 bags of Vegetable Mix (thanks to Tui)
- 1 bag 15L Seed Raising Mix (thanks to Tui)
- 1 bag of Ican Vegetable Food (thanks to Ican)
- 1 pack of Yates Nature’s Way Citrus, Veggie & Ornamental Insect Spray (thanks to Yates)
In association with:
Want to be involved next year?
If your school would like to participate in next year’s School Vegetable Competition, please contact us for further information and eligibility criteria.